Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 2: Beginning Research

         After beginning my reasearch I have discovered some sources that have contributed vital information towards my topic of interest. One of these sources is the book, Understanding Firearm Ballistics by Robert A. Rinker. This book is useful because it informs the reader about how ballistics is used and also provides pictures and examples to help you understand.

              To help me with my research further, I emailed the National Rifle Association. The NRA will help contribute to my research because they are very knowledgeable about firearms and shooting and someone involved is bound to know something about longrange shooting. Their homepage is www.nra.org. I also have found numerous websites and online sources which have valuable information which I will be able to use for my research. One of these sources is http://www.frfrogspad.com/extbal.htm, this is a website run by a retired Marine who uploads information about rifles and shooting to help readers understand more. Another online source that I have been using is http://www.exteriorballistics.com/. This website is VERY helpful because it provides diagrams which are helpful when trying to understand external ballistics. This site also goes over many things which effect the trajectory of a bullet from varying altitudes, to windage and other factors.


           Overall, I am finding many sources that will aid me with my research and will ultimately help me to understand external ballistics even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment